BCFO works to meet the special needs of children within families affected by breast cancer, recognizing the fact that breast cancer is a family disease. In 2008 alone, 42 children in families impacted by breast cancer received assistance through the Rosalie O’Reilly Wooten Children’s Fund.
Assistance is tailored to each unique situation. In the past, BCFO has provided assistance in the following ways:
- Assistance in paying for orthodontic treatment initiated prior to the diagnosis
of family member with breast cancer
- Birthday or holiday gifts
- School supplies
- Child care
- Infant supplies
- Additional assistance with utilities
- Fill out the Financial Assistance application and Medical Records Authorization and fax, mail or drop off at BCFO office: BCFO, 620 W. Republic Rd., Ste. 107 Springfield, MO 65807
- Please be specific about what type of assistance is needed most
- You will receive a phone call to confirm receipt of application and to obtain a short case history interview.
- BCFO will request a copy of the most recent medical records related to your breast cancer treatment.
- Once all necessary information has been received, the Distribution Committee will review your request. All applicants will be notified of the committee decision via phone or mail immediately following a decision.
Typically, the entire process takes an estimated 2 – 3 weeks, however, all necessary information must be submitted before any request will be considered. The actual length of the process depends on how quickly the necessary information is received. All inquiries, applications and client files remain confidential.Click here to print the Application for Financial Assistance