“BCFO offered a hand up, not a hand out.” – BCFO Client
BCFO provides short-term, non-medical financial assistance to residents of southwest Missouri and the Four States (Joplin) area in current treatment for breast cancer with demonstrated financial need. Assistance may be provided for one or more of the following financial obligations:
- Rent or mortgage
- New tires for someone driving a distance to daily radiation treatment
- Utility assistance
- Car insurance
- Gas to drive to and from treatment
- Propane for heat
- Car payment
- Fill out the Financial Assistance application and Medical Records Authorization and fax, mail or drop off at BCFO office: BCFO, 330 N Jefferson, Suite B, Springfield, MO 65806
- Please be specific about what type of assistance is needed most
- You will receive a phone call to confirm receipt of application and to obtain a short case history interview.
- BCFO will request a copy of the most recent medical records related to your breast cancer treatment.
- Once all necessary information has been received, the Distribution Committee will review your request. All applicants will be notified of the committee decision via phone or mail immediately following a decision.
Typically, the entire process takes an estimated 2 – 3 weeks, however, all necessary information must be submitted before any request will be considered. The actual length of the process depends on how quickly the necessary information is received. All inquiries, applications and client files remain confidential.
BCFO does not assist with medical, cable, phone or credit card bills. All bills are paid to invoice.