BCFO provides free screening mammograms to qualified applicants through contractual agreements with the following facilities (click name for provider’s website):
- Citizen’s Memorial Hospital – Bolivar
- Cox Health Systems – Springfield
- Cox Hospital – Monett
- Cox Medical Center Branson
- Freeman Hospital – Joplin
- Mercy – Aurora
- Mercy – Cassville
- Mercy – Springfield
- Mercy – Lebanon
- Mercy – Mountain View
- Mercy – Joplin
- Mercy – McCune Brooks, Carthage
- Mercy – Columbus, KS
- Ozark’s Medical Center – West Plains
- Texas County Memorial Hospital
Free Screening Mammograms are provided to uninsured and underinsured women who meet BCFO’s financial criteria. This program covers screening mammograms only. Please contact BCFO’s office if you require a diagnostic mammogram for information on other resources. The following guidelines are used to determine eligibility:
- Residency: A woman must be a resident of southwest Missouri or the Four States (Joplin) area
- Age: All ages will be considered for acceptance into the program. Applicants may be required to provide a physician order at certain facilities.
- Insurance: Women eligible for this program must either be uninsured or have health insurance, which does not cover the screening mammogram. Women on Medicaid and women enrolled in Medicare Part B are not eligible for this program.
- Income: Income will be evaluated for each applicant. All efforts will be made to assist women in a variety of financial situations, however with limited funding for this project, those women with the greatest financial need will be given preference.
- Mammography Results: Applicants must have a personal or clinic physician available to review their mammogram report.
- Clinical Screening: To ensure that a screening mammogram is appropriate, the applicant must have had a recent clinical breast exam. If cost is a barrier, please contact the BCFO office for information on how to receive a free clinical breast exam through this program.
Each applicant will fill out a program application, a notarized Medical Records Release and be interviewed by a BCFO staff member. Payment for mammography services will be paid directly to the medical provider.
All inquiries, applications and client files remain confidential.Click here to print the Mammography Program Application