BCFO provides free screening mammograms to qualified applicants through contractual agreements with the following facilities (click name for provider’s website):
Free Mammogram Screenings
Early detection is the key to surviving a breast cancer diagnosis. Free Screening Mammograms are provided to uninsured and underinsured women who meet BCFO’s financial criteria. This program covers screening mammograms only. Please contact BCFO’s office if you require a diagnostic mammogram for information on other resources.
The following guidelines are used to determine eligibility:
- Residency: A woman must be a resident of southwest Missouri or the Four States (Joplin) area
- Age: All ages will be considered for acceptance into the program. Applicants may be required to provide a physician order at certain facilities.
- Insurance: Women eligible for this program must either be uninsured or have health insurance, which does not cover the screening mammogram. Women on Medicaid and women enrolled in Medicare Part B are not eligible for this program.
- Part B are not eligible for this program.
- Income: Income will be evaluated for each applicant. All efforts will be made to assist women in a variety of financial situations, however with limited funding for this project, those women with the greatest financial need will be given preference.
- Mammography Results: Applicants must have a personal or clinic physician available to review their mammogram report.
- Clinical Screening: To ensure that a screening mammogram is appropriate, the applicant must have had a recent clinical breast exam. If cost is a barrier, please contact the BCFO office for information on how to receive a free clinical breast exam through this program.
"BCFO offered me a hand up,
not a hand out."
Apply for assistance
Have you been diagnosed with breast cancer? Click here to learn more about receiving help with your household bills during treatment. Do you need a free screening mammogram? Click here to apply. Are you struggling to pay for lymphedema garments? Click HERE for an application.
BCFO hosts several fundraising events every year. Check out our upcoming events here!
BREAST CANCER FOUNDATION OF THE OZARKS
620 W. Republic Rd. Ste 107
Springfield, MO 65807
TOLL-FREE NUMBER: 866.874.1915
STAY IN TOUCH
Stay informed about our latest news & events, or join our volunteer list. Don’t forget to connect with us on social media as well.
Breast Cancer Foundation of the Ozarks is a local 501(c) 3 not-for-profit organization. BCFO reaches out to friends and neighbors who have been affected by breast cancer. BCFO offers personal support and comfort in real and practical ways, providing support networks, mentoring programs, a full range of resources regarding breast cancer awareness, diagnosis and treatment, where to find related community services, and more.